The Greasy Foodie

The story begins blustry day Friday after Thanksgiving in 2008 in a cramped booth at a fake NYC deli in Nashville called Noshville. In between my wife, Rachel, and my brother, Michael, I sat across from my "cooler than me" cousins Mark and Sarah, and Sarah's just as cool husband, Danny. Mark, who lives the awesome life being a lawyer living in San Francisco working for Facebook, with his only downfall being his SEVERE lactardation..which has never been medically or scientifically proven to exist in Mark.. Sarah and Danny are foodies from NYC who have tried every dive "chicken finger" hut and "curry on a stick" in the big city. Danny and Sarah had discussed that they were trying to go to as many places from Bobby Flay's 'Throwdown' show as they could, and that there was one in Nashville we had to try.....a place that I had never heard of in my 13 years of living there..I will get to that adventure later.

I got an idea from my cool cousins idea. An idea became a hobby. And the hobby became an obsession. And thus produced the list.....a world-famous spreadsheet...of every restaurant that has ever been featured on Food Network and Travel Channel....every restaurant from the famous shows like "Throwdown", "Man V. Food", "Man v. Food Nation", "Food Feuds", "Food Wars", "Best Thing I Ever Ate", "Food Paradise" and "Diners Drive-Ins and Dives" to the obscure "Best Food Ever", "Meat and Potatoes", and "101 Best Places to Chowdown", plus my additions of the restaurants of famous chefs, favorite catergories (burgers, wings, pizza, bbq, and sandwiches) and local places of legend. Names, cities, food they are famous for, and addresses. It was and still is an obsession. As of 11:31am on November 27, 2018, THE LIST HAS 4,660 RESTAURANTS ON IT...WITH A FEW OVERLAPS HERE AND THERE. And then over Pastrami Eggs Benedict at Nate N' Al's Deli in Beverly Hills, Hannah and Andrew, our good friends, gave me the idea of the blog. Document every place I went. And thus, "The Greasy Foodie" was born. I will log the places, the shows they are from, and what I had. So far, every place I have been has been amazing, except two, one being mediocre, and another being down right awful.

If there is a city you have been to, or are going to, or are from and want to know what from my list is in the city, send me a email at agmarks@gmail.com

Friday, October 3, 2014

WURSTKUCHE









FROM SAUSAGE PARADISE


625 Lincoln Blvd, Venice, CA 90291

http://www.wurstkuche.com/index.html

"Exotic sausages: Char-grilled rattlesnake sausage, buffalo sausage, crocodile & pork Andouille sausage and duck & bacon sausage"

This place is outstanding.  This place is incredible.  This place is a giant, flawless diamond in the rough.  This is one of the coolest restaurants I have been to.  You enter what looks like a butcher and walk to the counter.  You pick your sausage of choice with amazing toppings, a side of the belgian fries which have been ranked some of the best in the country….not the city…not the state…the country, and an ice cold craft beer, grab a number, and walk through the giant curtain to reveal the dining room which is a huge long hall of long lunchroom tables with great music.  You make yourselves friendly with the stranger next to you and check out the amazing dipping sauces they have.

The sausage is incredible. The fries are amazing and exceed the hype of being the best in the country.  The beer is great.  The atmosphere and experience are fantastic.  This place is a cannot miss, home run, guarantee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment